RUNNING BOOKS: The Hal Higdon Collection
During a long career as a runner and as a journalist, I have accumulated many running books, everything from Aerobics (signed by Ken Cooper) to Zatopek (signed by Emil Zatopek himself). Downsizing, I have begun to offer these books on eBay. Many books mentioned above already have sold, but the following ones remain in what might be called The Hal Higdon Collection. Keep watching on eBay as we put them on sale--or if you see a title you like, contact us at: RoadrunnerPress@comcast.net.
1. The Runner’s Literary Companion, 1994, Garth Battista
2. Living With Exercise, 1991, Steven N. Blair, P.E.D.
3. Walking for Health, 1992, Mark Bricklin
4. Timeless Running Wisdom, 2011, Richard Benyo
5. Feeling Fit in Your 40s, 1987, Richard Benyo & Rhonda Provosreat
6. Races of the Northlands, 1983, Bruce Brothers (autographed, Dick Beardsley)
7. Runner’s World Complete Book of Running, 1997, Amby Burfoot
8. A Scientific Approach to Distance Running, 1986, David L. Costill, Ph.D.
9. Inside Running, 1979, David L. Costill, Ph.D.
10. Running: The Athlete Within, 2002, David L. Costill, Ph.D. & Scott Trappe, Ph.D.
11. Guidelines for Successful Jogging, 1977, Rory Donaldson
12. Daniels’ Running Formula, 1998, Jack Daniels, Ph.D.
13. Runners on Running, 2011, Rich Elliott
14. Running Injury Free, 1994, Joe Ellis, D.P.M.
15. Biomarkers, 1992, William Evans, Ph.D., Irwin H. Rosenberg, M.D.
16. How to be a Champion from 9 to 90, 2001, Earl W. Fee (autographed)
17. The 90-Day Fitness Walking Program, 1995, Mark Fenton & Serth Bauer
18. Peak When It Counts, 1989, William H. Freeman
19. The Runner’s Handbook, 1977, 1978, Bob Glover & Jack Shepherd
20. Return of the Tribes to Peachtree Street, 1995, Jeff Galloway (autographed)
21. Make The Connection, 1996, Bob Greene & Oprah Winfrey
22. Healing Your Heart, 1990, Herman Hellerstein, M.D. & Paul Perry
23. All I Know About Running, Hal Higdon (empty pages, gag book)
24. On Your Feet, 1998, Julie Isphording
25. The Complete Waterpower Workout Book, 1993, Lynda Huey & Robert Forster
26. Training Lactate, 1987, Pulse-Rate, Peter G.J.M. Janssen
27. The Elements of Effort, 1997, John Jerome
28. The Joy of Running, 1976, Thaddeus Kostrubala, M.D. (autographed)
29. The Art of Fast Walking, 1997, Ron Laird (autographed)
30. The Healing Art of Sports Massage, 1995, Joan Johnson
31. Runner’s World Guide to Running & Pregnancy, 2003, Chris Lundgren
32. Backs in Motion, 1996, Lewis G. Maharam, M.D
33. Training Distance Runners, 1991, David E. Martin & Peter N. Coe
34. Healthy Runner’s Handbook, 1996, Lyle J. Micheli, M.D.
35. Sport Psychology & Running, 1987, Brian Miller
36. Exercise and Mental Health, 1987, William P. Morgan & Stephen E. Goldston
37. Running to the Top of the Mountain, 1988, Joe Newton & John F. Durkin
38. The Lore of Running, 1991, Tim Noakes, M.D.
39. The Lore of Running, 2003, Tim Noakes, M.D.
40. The Runner and the Path, 2002, Dean Ottati
41. Athletic Massage, 1984, Rich Phaigh & Paul Perry
42. In the Long Run, 1955, J. H. Peters & Johnny Johnston
43. Plyometrics, 1985, James C. Radcliffe & Robert C. Farentinos
44. Physiology of Sports, 1990, T. Reilly et al (autographed, Peter Snell)
45. The Complete Runner, 1974, Runner’s World
46. Charley Robbins’ Scrapbooks, Charley Robbins (autographed)
47. Masters Running and Racing, 1991, Bill Rodgers & Priscilla Welch
48. New Guide to Distance Running, 1978, Runner’s World
49. Running for Women, 1995, Joan Benoit Samuelson & Gloria Averbuch
50. Running Tide, 1987, Joan Benoit
51. Your First Marathon, 2011, Jack H. Scaff, Jr., M.D. (autographed)
52. The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner, 1958, 1975, Alan Sillitoe
53. The Runners Book of Training Secrets, 1996, Ken Sparks, Ph.D. & Dave Kuehls
54. Running, 1992, John Schubert
55. 26.2 Marathon Stories, 2006, Kathrine Switzer & Roger Robinson
56. Science of Triathlon Training and Competition, 1985, Glenn P. Town
57. Running Over Forty, 2001, Bruce & Sue Tulloh (autographed)
58. Women’s Running, 1976, Joan Ullyot, M.D.
59. Beyond Strength, 1992, Steven Ungerleider, Ph.D. & Jacqueline M. Golding, Ph.D.
60. Quest for Success, 1995, Steven Ungerleider, Ph.D.
61. Lifetime Physical Fitness, 1985, Melvin H. Williams, Ph.D.
62. The Ergogenics Edge, 1998, Melvin H. Williams, Ph.D.
For more information, contact: RoadrunnerPress@comcast.net.